Saturday, November 5, 2011

Nicola Scott On Superman #3


I just read great news onDC Source blog. Nicola Scott will be pencilling Superman #3 over George Perez layouts. Here is the link: http://dcu.blog.dccomics.com/2011/11/02/nicola-scott-joins-superman-for-three-issues/

And here is a quote:   Fan-favorite artist Nicola Scott will be joining the Superman creative team,providing art for issues 3, 5 and 6. Jesus Merino remains the series’ ongoing artist, illustrating issue 4 and returning for the issue 7 debut of new writers Dan Jurgens and Keith Giffen.

So Merino is coming back. And as I have said, I have enjoyed his work on the Superman book so I am glad he'll be around. But I loved Scott's work on Birds of Prey. And that Wonder Woman pin-up from Wonder Woman #600 is just awesome.

The Source has some sample pages from her Superman #3 work. I liked this one the best. A graveyard chat with Pa Kent. I love it! And nice page composition.


And in perusing the web I found this Supergirl commission she did. Whoever Daniel is, he's lucky! That is a great commission in the Matrix style costume. Lovely.

Scott has been named as the artist on James Robinson's Justice Society book coming out soon. Robinson, Scott, and JSA? Sounds like a winner!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

THE BEST UNIFORM.