Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Hero-Clix Bizarro Girl




I have never played Heroclix before and have no idea how any of it works. But I was glad to see a couple of the bigger pieces of the Sterling Gates' runs on Supergirl 'immortalized' as toys in their line. Both BizarroGirl and Superwoman, important parts of that Supergirl's mythos are now in the Heroclix line.

Heroclix spotlighted BizarroGirl at their site. Here is that link: http://heroclix.com/heroclix/me-am-supergirl/

It really is pretty cool to see BizarroGirl as a toy and I keep hoping that eventually an action figure will be made. It does look like the original design had her in the belly shirt and the midriff was simply painted over to reflect her full shirt. But the 'cracks' in her skin are great giving her that cracked porcelain look.


Again, I don't know how to play this game at all. But I had to include a list of her powers as they are listed bizarro-style.

So 'running away and cowering' is actually an attack while charging. And 'getting weaker' is actually invulnerability. The two I like the best are 'eat Jimmy Olsen for breakfast' and 'me am so scared'.

There is also a nice little brief recap of the Bizarro-Girl story line on the card. For me, the best part of that arc was the emotional piece of it as both Kara and Bizarro-Girl came to grips with their feelings of guilt and self-loathing. That isn't talked about here.


I wish I had a better pic of  Superwoman than this poster shot (fourth row, second in). The Supergirl Heroclix for this set has the same pose as Bizarro-Girl, so nice symmetry there.

These come in unmarked boxes, so it is hit or miss if you are going to get the Heroclix you want unless you buy them seperately at a con or on EBay. I look for Supergirl ones whenever I see vendors with loose Heroclix at comic conventions to try to get some of the cooler ones for my collection. Unfortunately I have little success. But I will definitely add this Bizarro-Girl and Superwoman to my wish list.

And again, I am glad that the additions to the Supergirl mythos by Sterling Gates and Jamal Igle's are being recognized.

No comments: